Saturday, July 1, 2017

Dinner With Vladimir


T – Sit down Mr. President… may I call you Vladimir? Don’t you love the chandeliers in this place…bright…really bright…could use a little more mood, if you know what I mean…let’s see…which one is the translator, oh...ok…did you get that right?

V – Yes, and you may call me Vladimir and I would be honored to call you Donald. Correct?

T – Absolutely, 100 percent, it’s like how I like to…if you frankly, I mean even leaders even in the past may have been unhappy, hostile and like that…we need to begin on the right foot and try to show the world…well…a better, you know, way.  I think you’ll agree.

V – Yes

T – Okay…okay, but let’s get this, you know…out of the way. By this I mean the whole Russia thing being investigated back in the US…I don’t think we need to discuss it…spend time you know.

V – I agree. It is best we announce that we both felt it too ridiculous to waste this important summit on.

T – Absolutely, why would we? Nothing there…without I mean…including the campaign…even with Flynn, General Flynn…right? Right?

V – Flynn? Hmm…Flynn? Oh yes, I forgot. He was the minister you fired? My memory comes and goes on such things. Right now I don’t remember too much. That’s what our wives are for…

T – …oh sure (chuckle).  By the way, you have a lovely wife Voomilia…

V – …that’s Lyudmilia and thank you. I have admired your opinion of women going back to 2013 when you brought the marvelous Miss Universe contest to Moscow. The impression you made on the contestants… well, their admiration was obvious.

T – It was just business…but hey, when you’re making money and putting on a show, no reason not to win at both…if you know what I mean. But let’s get something else off…I mean, we don’t need to spoil the food on the table with…you know, this election thing they said you did.

V – I thought we already decided…

T – …no, that was the witch hunt collusion thing… this other thing…the hacking thing. The whole liberal media and security people…FBI and…whatever…I mean they’re like some hot bitch on a leash.  The sanctions…you know…

V – Yes, I very much want to talk about the sanctions, but I think we can come to the same agreement that we both find such investigation a waste of time and resources. We need to emphasize that we are both focused on improving the economies of our nations and providing stability and peace throughout the world. All else is distraction by those forces that want to undermine that goal. I think your commentators call it “Deep State”.

T – Yes, I thought we’d, that we…this is the kind of cooperation that couldn’t have existed with Obama…

V – …no, not possible…

T – …and I’m glad to hear we can…you know…that this is the time to start making a difference in our lives…you know…all lives, not even our lives or not just our lives.  We have a saying in our Country “All Lives Matter”.  I thought of it, but then someone else printed it…that’s okay…it’s the idea. That’s what matters.

V – Yes Donald. Let me point out that you are much loved in my Country. How you won a massive victory even as critics around the world falsely predicted your failure…amazing.  I am not so proud or so without common sense not to want to take advantage of your story. I obviously cannot take advantage of you, but I can craft my own success by showing my people how I was able to cultivate your friendship.

T – I see.

V – If we could leave this meeting and announce that we were ending eight decades of hostility and forging a new future with new opportunities for those with the wisdom to use their skills and brands to build a new world. We could end the threat of nuclear war by joining our goals. Our generation is almost done, but our children’s names will continue to be beacons for years to come.

T – I see.

V – Yes, I’m sure you can see that hostile rhetoric and things like sanctions work against our common interest.  But if you feel you can’t take the risk…

T – …wait a minute Vladimir. Risk taking is what I do.  There is an old American phrase I have used since I was a small…since I was a young…it’s called “car-pee de-um”.  I mean…it means…win the day! Or take command of the day…you know what I mean. It is…the art of the deal. Believe me, we can both be successes…for everyone.

V – But how can you eliminate sanctions and return to us our estate properties with such a defiant, liberal Congress? It’s like trying to eliminate those nasty allegations about collusion...

T – Eliminate sanctions?  Estate properties?....Oh, yeah…I see. You forget Vladimir.  I’m President of the United States.  Amazing, yes? Massive electoral victory…nobody believed Pennsylvania or Wisconsin could go my way. Crooked Hillary, right? What a loser. I just need to sign my name and the sanctions are…poof...and the keys are in the front doors.  Now let’s open this bottle of the best wine you ever tasted, you won’t believe it…and look…check out the name on the label…